Making SQL Server Go VROOM Since 2012
Hiya, I'm Ryan!
I have ~10 years of experience supporting a wide range of applications; CRM, POS, LIMS, HR, CAD/GIS, and WMS. For ~3 years, I provided Tier III application support as a Database Administrator. Today, I support Business Intelligence (BI) as a Data Warehouse Implementation Consultant by assisting with the development of ETL processes and the deployment of robust reporting solutions.
Dynamic web solutions for hobbyists, communities, and professionals.
Web shops and e-commerce websites that establish businesses online.
Brand identity kits that include custom logos and digital marketing content.
Graphical and video creatives for social media content and digital marketing.
~10 Years of Experience
2022 - Present
Data Warehouse Implementation ConsultantAffinaquest
▪ Supported ETL deployment while following procedures for data hygiene, tagging, outbound and inbound connections with ticketing, email, and CRM systems with data models.▪ Developed processes to quickly and accurately migrate data sets in Microsoft Azure SQL Databases, Azure Data Factory, and SQL Server stored procedures, functions, and views.▪ Assisted with the implementation of reporting solutions and configuring APIs for data sources and downstream data analytics services.
2022 - 3 months
▪ Contracted to lead the design and integration of healthcare data sets and HIPAA compliant ETL processes developed using Microsoft Azure & AWS technologies.
2019 - 2022
SQL Server DeveloperNational Distribution & Contracting
▪ Developed data services by creating, modifying, and maintaining ETL processes in SSIS and SQL Server stored procedures, functions, and views.▪ Built and supported data pipelines using Azure Data Factory, Logic Apps, and SQL Server.▪ Created reports in Visual Studio and deployed the reports to SQL Server Reporting Services.
2017 - 2019
Database AdministratorProfessional Educational Services Group
▪ Administered SQL Server 2012, 2014, and 2016, syncing legacy databases with the current environment and automating the process for importing vendors’ data using SSIS packages created and deployed from Visual Studio.▪ Optimized queries by analyzing execution plans and auditing their cost of execution.▪ Triaged critical care issues in SQL Server by utilizing dynamic management views to monitor and diagnose health and performance issues.
2015 - 2017
Application Support Analyst IICommon Cents Systems
▪ Fielded and resolved customers’ support tickets within the laboratory information management system, integrating with applications across ~50 InterSystem Cache and SQL Server environments.▪ Gathered customer report requirements and created reports based on those criteria.▪ Captured the process to resolve issues in Knowledge Base articles.
2013 - 2015
Application Support AnalystGeoConex Corporation
▪ Coordinated the implementation, upgrade, and support of client/server-based applications across 100+ instances of SQL Server 2008 and 2012.▪ Installed, upgraded, and administered instances of SQL Server 2008 and 2012, and maintained Database Mirroring and Automatic Failover across clustered servers.▪ Defined quality standards for upgrading software and managing database schema changes.▪ Created ad hoc reports with stored procedures and views in SQL Server 2008 and 2012.